Sunday, February 13, 2011

At Least I Can Still Hear...

I got my ear pierced on New Year's Eve. I was going to get both pierced, but it would have been expensive, and on top of that, I really wanted to leave one for my brother-from-another-mother to do. Anyway, that's been a little more than six weeks ago, right? Right. The piercing guy said it should be healed in about six weeks.

Today, I started bouncing up and down when I remembered the earrings I bought from Hot Topic. (I love that store. Some people love puppies. Some people love chocolate. I love Hot Topic. ...and chocolate.) I got excited and couldn't wait to get home from Church and change my piercing out. I went bounding into the bathroom sink like a golden retriever after a bouncy ball, washed my current piercing, and untwisted the ends of the earring I was wearing. It slid off sooo easy, it was like someone had buttered it. I sanitized the new earring, and put it in the front hole...

...only to realize that I couldn't make it come out the other side. A shocking realization came upon me at that point. I stared in shock at the mirror for a few seconds, the piercing half-dangling from my ear, and heard the scream echo through my mind: "OMG IT'S NOT HEALED YET!" followed immediately by a verbal "OW OW OW!"

I ran into the living room in a state of panic. "Female Tenant! Female Tenant, heeeelp meeee!" This was, of course, said in the most brave voice I could muster. I was, by this time, a little queasy... She couldn't help me, though, because she's actually sick, and didn't have the stomach for it.

Bravely, I ran back to the bathroom to try again. This time, I noticed something that made my stomach do flips: blood. Now, I really don't have a weak stomach, but this was just wrong! Blood should never come from an ear! At this point, I was growing desperate.

Further horror ensued after I went to Landlord.

Me: Hey, Landlord...how do you feel about shoving a sharp object through my ear?
Landlord: Yeah, I can do that...
-Ten Minutes Later-
Landlord: Yeah...I can't do this.

Fortunately, there was another female at the house, just by chance. Landlord got her attention. I helped.

Me: Hey...you're a girl, right? FIX MY EAR!??

Which she did with no problem. I don't understand what kind of witchcraft helped her, because nobody else in the freakin' house could figure it out. I guess it needs a few more weeks to heal. We'll try again in November.

2 comments:

Smurky said...

Soooo... they say 6 weeks for normal piercings. My cartilage are given 8 to 12 weeks. It's been about 10. I've tried to get mine changed to loops to make things easier, but that didn't work too well. yes they bleed when you mess with them too early, nothing abnormal about it. If i had been there, I would have loved to help you. Did you get the right gauge on your new earing? That's another thing. If the gauge is too large, it would cause problems getting it in. Just my advise on the matter. Give it a few weeks to heal up some more after this trauma and try it again with more patience.

Peticus said...

Yeah. I used the same gauge as before. My guess is that it just needs a couple more weeks. It bled quite a bit, so I'm gonna give it a few more weeks before I try again. I'll just keep cleaning it as per usual, I suppose. :)